Skip to main content

A day of Learning





The next day I got up at around 4 o clock to see myself freezing on top of bed without any blanket upon me. I then went inside the bed and then after a brief nap got up to take bath and shave before breakfast. We left to the second and more fruitful day of the training. Sir. Maqsood although not being quite well went through all the day and mesmerized us all with his knowledge of M&E. Today we almost finished the steps involved in the project Cycle. A brief description is over here.
  • 1.       Problem Identification: The problem which is to be addressed is the main of the jobs to do. Identify the problem and do not be mislead by the need of the community.
  • 2.       Problem Analysis: The problem should be analysed and the ones which are similar in their nature should be grouped under the same category so that a cause and effect relationship can be established between them.
  • 3.       Situation Analysis; In SA we will thoroughly study the situation and it will be like a research. In this we will use the various techniques of research like RRA, FGD, RA, surveys etc.
  • 4.       Strategy Analysis; We will be devising our strategy in this part of the PCM. 
  • 5.       LogFrame: The putting of all the information in a single sheet. Consolidation of the information.
  • 6.       Performance Measurement Framework (PMF): A table which will asses the performance of the project that we are going to undertake.
  • 7.       WBS: The work breakdown structure will be about the work to be undertaken during the year. 

  • 8.       Activity Plan

Every detail was quite thoroughly taught to us with the groupwork going on during all the day of the training. The AKEPB staffs with us were both from Chitral and they generally did’t really participate in the groupwork which resulted in me and adnan (MIS Baltistan) ending up doing most of the job. A good thing for me was that I was able to present the group work which did’t really troubled me. Uptil now the one main thing was that I was really able to present anything. I remembered the time when I was in University the most dreadful thing for me was to present anything before people. After today’s exposure it was sure that I can now assume that I can easily give any other presentation at any forum. We had 3 sessions as we had yesterday with a break between them for Teas and Lunch. Today we left the training somewhat earlier and I went on foot to NLI market but as it was dusk and there was no electricity in the market rather in whole Gilgit.
Gilgit is a heavily guarded city with the number of security personnel being more in number as compared to the number of people in the Bazar. At every next step people were being thoroughly checked as if they were all equipped with Guns side to their testacles. The market was closed and I was only able to get a pair of used shoes for me and quickly returned to the hotel on foot coming on the cold road which goes along the river gilgit. The night was good and I slept at around 1 o clock.

Sunday, January 22, 2012


Today I got up with a feeling of fever and had a bath with the hot water. Prepared for the day’s group work and then had breakfast. We went to the core office and did the groupwork and I also presented it today. Then Sir. Maqsood concluded the training with some talk on the report writing and its characteristics. We were given Certificates and had a group photo session wit Sir. Maqsood.
I departed with a heavy heart as the training was a very informative and useful for me and I wanted it to continue for some more days. I came to the hotel and went straignt to the NLI market in a Suzuki lift. I was baffled to see that I had no money with me. I convinced a taxi driver to take me back to hotel and then back to NLI market for which he decreased his fares for me by going all the way for Rs. 150. I got most of the emergency kind of lights and then quickly came to hotel this time on foot. I was not feeling well and I feared to get sick with condition so I went to the nearby Aga Khan Health Centre and saw d doctor for rupee 290 for checkup. He gave me tablets and an injection due to which I am feeling rather good now while writing this. I came back to Hotel and had my lunch. RPM Sir had called me earlier that we are leaving by tomorrow 5 o clock as the program to be held yesterday was cancelled. After dinner I came back to room and started packing up all the stuff I have with me over here which are really troubling me as  i have unable to effectively collect all and I fear that some have been misplaced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro Bus

The much awaited Metro Bus Service is now functional in Islamabad connecting it to the twin city of Rawalpindi. The PKR 45 billion cost (USD 4440 million) of the project was criticized mainly by the opposition parties led by Tehreek Insaaf. However the record time for completion of the project is something which justifies the the financial outlay. In Pakistan Public Sector infrastructure projects are plagued by delays and some are altogether abandoned after partial work. The 23 KM long metro has 24 station. Today I had a glimpse of Pakistan Secretariat Station of it. There is quite excitement among the travelers and many are travelling just to have fun. Few pics here. Although secretariat is closed today being Saturday, still large number of public was seen buying tickets and Metro-Bus Card.  To avoid queuing up the line to buy ticket, a better option is to get a Metro-Bus Card. The card can be reloaded and costs 130 Rs for the first time and subsequently recharg

Telenor easypaisa Gimmicks

Of late this mobile banking service has become a source of nuisance. Instead of providing quality service to its customers, It is trying to dupe them in one way or the other to mint money from them on as bizarre scheme as MOBILE INSURANCE through which they purport to pay 1000 PKR as medical bill in case of medical emergency. The customers are nowadays continuously getting spam calls from Easy Paisa for so called Medical Insurance. I have time and again their representatives categorically that I am not doing it as I have already had it for one year. I was duped by one of their of your representative to go for it saying that it is totally free but later on i found they have deducted around 1000 PKR from my account. I am seriously thinking of changing Easypaisa as my mobile account and as well as Telenor as my network. God forbid, if anything happens, they are not going to pay a single penny on one pretext or the other, while they call this a medical insurance, there is no proof of it

Monday April 17, 2017

Early in the morning i left for Nankana Sahib to receive Sikh Yatris. I reached there and went to the main Gurdwara with DSP City Nankana Mr. Umer. The Sikh Yatris were seated in around 24 buses and the convoy left for Sacha Sauda Sheikhupura. Police arrangements were on high alert given the security situation. The buses were in shabby condition which the rising temperature during the day proved to be testing for the visitors as majority of them were old men and women. A discussion with the Yatris revealed that youth want to visit Pakistan, but Government of India usually does not approve the visa of Youth. Also, while visiting other countries like USA, those who have visited Pakistan are questioned and sometimes denied visas. However, one thing is for sure that Sikh Yatris were very satisfied with the security arrangement and lot of them expressed their gratitude to the Police men on duty for ensuring their security. The yatris spent the day in the Gurdwara & in the afternoo